Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"...and just how far do you think you might be goin' mister?" He said "baby that all depends on uh, what you mean. Cuz I'm only stopping here tonight cuz I gotta get myself some gasoline. And I guess I'm goin' out thataway. Leastwise as long as it's paved and I guess you'd say I'm on my way to, Burma Shave." She said "that's cool." "Why don't you put your knees up on the glove compartment?" Well she took out her barretts and man, her hair spilled out just like root beer. And she popped her gum and she arched her back and She said "Man, this little town don't amount to nothing. It's just a wide spot in the road. Some nights my heart pounds like thunder and I don't know why but I wanna explode and everybody in this stinkin' town has got one foot in the grave. and I'm gonna take my chances with you tonight, all the way to Burma Shave..."

Tom Waits from live performance of Pasties and a G String/Burma Shave

No comments:

Post a Comment